Thursday, February 1, 2007

Parting Wish - February 1st, 2007 - by MrM



*

You walked in from the barren world,


Drew castles in the sand


Envisioned places far and strange,


Then placed them in my hands

 

*

In a fragile, clear, thin sphere of glass


Holding plants and magic things


To those mystic lands you added life


That had six legs and wings.

 

*

You gave, and gave, and never took


You always kept your word


You never left or changed you mind


You made others seem absurd

 
*

Without words, you said so much


In life you were so large


Yet modest, simple, kind, and true


You brought me safe this far.

 
*

When I was young you took the helm


And steered me from the rocks


As I grew up you fashioned me


Winter clothes, thick hats, warm socks.




Through soft words and quick jabs,


Diatribes when I would hear


Wisdom shared guided my life


Through love, and truth, not fear




A boy I was when we first met


Confused I've been before


A man I am and ready now


To aim for heaven's door




So I accept your parting wish


Mentor, Teacher, Friend


I'm ready now to take the wheel


Held true until the end.


***


No comments:

Post a Comment